The International Herb Association
Herb of the Year™ 2013
The IHA is a professional trade association providing educational, service and development opportunities for those involved in herbal endeavors since 1985. Herbal entrepreneurs are encouraged through newsletters, publications and conferences, and offers guidance as an association of peers supporting herbal businesses, as well as the latest information on growing, marketing and using herbs.
- Unite herb professionals for growth through promotion and education
- Choose and promote the Herb of the Year™
- Promote herbs
- Represent all segments of the herb industry
- Be an information resource center
- Continually educate members
- Facilitate networking and social exchange
- Be the recognized standard of excellence.
This mission statement reflects the inclusive nature of the International Herb Association, its intent to provide valued services to its members, and its resolve to be the benchmark of excellence in the herbal industry. Membership spans the United States and Canada and includes many nations in a growing worldwide family. IHA members represent virtually every profession in the herbal community.